Full Job Description
- Location: Orlando, FL
- Job Type: Full-Time (M-F, 9am-5pm EST)
- Hire Date: Immediately
What is Threadbird?
We are a full-service printing company specializing in screen-printed apparel. Our tight-knit culture thrives off of hard-working, fun-loving professionals and we're looking to add an amazing Human Resource Coordinator to the team! You’ll be using and honing your skills to help our customers build their tribes through custom merchandise creation and fulfillment at Threadbird, which was named multiple times one of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the country by INC. Magazine.
What You'll Do:
- Facilitates the processes that support various functional areas within Human Resources including:
- Monitors compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws as well as regulations from other applicable agencies, notifies managers of potential issues, and proposes corrective action.
- Compiles and maintains personnel files.
- Records employee status updates, such as change of address, departmental transfers, rate increases, and terminations.
- Administers employee benefit programs, including paid time off.
- Informs the Payroll department of any changes to employee status and monitors the accuracy of payroll and documented hours.
- Publishes new job listings to internal and external job boards.
- Schedules interviews with hiring managers and candidates.
- Coordinates background screening, license verification and reference checks of candidates.
- Organizes the new hire and onboarding processes, including review of company policies, collection and processing of new hire paperwork, and completion of orientation.
- Schedules and monitors various training programs.
- Oversees employee evaluations, including meeting coordination, performance review finalization, and follow-up with supervisors.
- Receives and addresses employee questions regarding company policies, procedures and benefit plans.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude toward company goals
- Participates in compensation and benefits surveys and/or conducts wage surveys within the labor market to determine competitive wage rates and remain apprised of current trends.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
What You'll Need to be Good at:
- Identifying talent, bringing them into the organization, and helping them become the best team member they can be.
- Communicating, with the ability to speak and write to all levels of employees in an effective manner consistent with Threadbird’s core values
What we require:
- Three to five years of experience in the HR function, with a working understanding of best practices of hiring, retention, and career development.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance
- A creative workspace full of light, energy, coffee!.
- A continual and ongoing education into the best practices of screen printing, garment customization, tribe building, and sales techniques.
- Spontaneous Nerf wars (every other Wednesday)
- Paid time off/sick leave
- 401K with company match
- Macbook Pro computer for work
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Threadbird is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.